Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of installing these. Read where install takes 3-4 hrs, ha!! Takes that long for one side. Still have the driver side to do today.

Anyone have any problems installing these? The front fender seems to be a bit "whimpy". If I put any downward pressure on the fender, the fender breaks away from the metal panel. What's going to happen if/when that fender contacts an object? Seems like there should be some sort of mechanical fasteners on top too. And for the life of me, can not get a good seal. Also I did not tighten up the side marker light enough and the light will move,(barely) and I may have to remove the fender and retighten, which I may end up doing. But that will compromise the rubber seal. May have to order some more fender seal. I guess you get what you pay for.

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
I installed them and definitely take longer than 4 hours. Mine however were solid as a rock and solid enough I think they would have supported my weight. If yours are not solid you are doing something wrong. I have had mine bounce off trees on the dusy ershim and only gouged the plastic and never dislodged or moved. use the little tool to get the tape to seal good. the tape however is not what is holding the fenders on. it is must to make the install look clean. also make sure you use alcohol to clean the surface so the seal sticks to the metal.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
meh, i can stand on my metal flat fenders with my 260lb with no worries. paid about $200 less than the bushwackers too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts