Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Commercial Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bussman RTMR auxiliary relay panel with 5 relays and 5 constant powered fused outputs. The panel is rated at 80a max, the relays are rated at 35a but are limited to 30a based on the max mini-fuse fuse size. Panels are built using MTW fine strand 105 degree rated wire.
#12 for relay output
#12 for constant fused output
#16 for relays trigger

The relay wiring is color coated for easy hook up with each relay having a matched set of wires as seen in the photo's. You hook the #16 up to your switched positive to energize the relay and you hook up the #12 to the positive side of your auxiliary load with the negative side being grounded close to the auxiliary device. The bundle of five matching color wires are the connection points to the constant powered fused outputs. The panel requires a positive and negative connection to your battery and can be supplied with a 24" length of red/black #10 for primary power to the panel for 5.00 extra. I am including the relays with the panel but not any fuses. Over-current protection should be sized based on your specific needs depending on the load of your device.

Panel Specifications:
Input Terminal Rating: M6 input studs on bussed/partially bussed inputs: 80A max input on bussed fuse side, 80A max input on bussed relay side.
Output Terminal Rating: 2.8mm blade terminals (30A max per terminal) Temperature Rating: -40°C (-40°F) to 125°C (260°F) (rating on PDM only)
Ingress Protection Rating: IP66-IEC 60529 (Valid when properly installed with cover, sealed terminals, and cavity plugs.)

General Panel Information:
The Rear Terminal Mini Fuse and Relay panel (RTMR) provides efficient power distribution in a rugged compact form for applications in marine, construction, agriculture, heavy trucking, specialty vehicles, etc. This innovative product offers a weather tight enclosure (IP66) for various MINI (2.8mm) blade components when cover, cable seals, and cavity plugs are installed. It is available with various degrees of internal electrical bussing. Additionally, custom labels and multiple hardware configurations are available to solve any application need.

I have two of these panels built but have decided to build another Bussman panel with a different model to incorporate my upgraded headlight/foglight harness in to. If there is enough interest in these auxiliary panels or possibly in the headlight harness panels I would be willing to make some more. Currently have parts for another 4 on order.

The panels are 95.00/each +12.95 and come with everything pictured except the fuses. I can deduct 8.00 off of each panel if the buyer doesnt want the mounting brackets. The JK doesn't have a lot of room so I don't know how useful the brackets will be. These panels are a great option for extending your jeeps electrical system while keeping it clean and compact. I will provide data sheets on the panels and relays as well as technical support in getting it hooked up if needed. Please feel free to post any questions you might have here in the thread so they can be answered for anyone else who might be interested. I take PP and will ship within a day of receiving payment and will provide tracking on the package through PP. The shipping cost is for a medium flat rate package which is the smallest package that the panel can ship in. It is large enough for more than one panel so I can combine the shipping on more than one panel.

107.95 shipped for panel with mounts
99.95 shipped for panel without mounts

If interested please PM me with the configuration of the panel you want and your Paypal address. I will send a Paypal invoice matching mounts or no mounts with a total price.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Commercial Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have added making the panels with capacitors and diodes installed on the first 2 relays which makes utilizing them for headlight upgrades really easy. Capacitor is installed between the positive and negative of the coil which can bee seen in the picture. The diodes are installed on the positive relay trigger and covered in two layers of heat shrink.

Attachments

·
Commercial Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These panels can also be utilized for any automobile type with exception of the version with the capacitors and diodes. I have sold a number of them locally to 4-Runner and Landcruiser owners. I am going to transition away from the aux panel model and will be using the model of panel that I use for the headlight upgrade package. For the end user there won't be any difference but for me I will only have to stock a single panel type. As an added benefit for the end user the new panel model could be configured to switch the negative instead of the positive. I don't think that will be used much on our Jeeps but will be an option. PM if you have any interest or questions

·
Registered
653 Posts
Are these waterproof/water resistant?

·
Commercial Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are these waterproof/water resistant?
The IP66 rating refers the resistance to water. The standard says:

IP66 Enclosure - IP rated as "dust tight" and protected against heavy seas or powerful jets of water.

The cover, seals, and plugs a triple seal design. I would say that the panels will handle water week with exception of being submerged. On the panel with capacitors installed there is no way to seal them so while the panel meets the IP66 I don't think the capacitors would. That is only in the case of the headlight upgrade harness.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Ah sorry I didn't see that

·
Commercial Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will be including a mounting plate with these panels in the next couple of days. Will make mounting it a breeze. Just need to get final dimensions and make a few extras so they are ready to go. Also have finalized the build for a complete headlight harness upgrade that will come with the capacitors/diodes installed, porcelain hi-temp h4 headlight socket, a male h13 socket, all covered in black expandable braid. It will use 2 of the 5 relays but will be plug and play.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just curious the new mounting plate your making, where will it mount approx. Im interested in this with mounting plate without capacitors/diodes.

·
Commercial Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Getting a slightly better price on material and shipping so the new price for a complete auxiliary panel (panel, 5 relays, 10 mini fuses, and a JK mounting bracket) is 100.00 shipped in the US. All relay output wiring #12 105c MTW. I can add extra length to the output wiring and to the relay trigger wiring if needed please PM with length for pricing. I have one completed panel on hand and a new order of material coming in next week. PM if interested.

1 - 20 of 218 Posts