Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As anybody had their quarter glass spontaneously shatter when you close the door? I got out of work today and didn't notice anything unusual when I got in my vehicle and the moment I closed the door, my quarter glass shattered... I'm wondering if this has happened to anybody before or if I should be looking for a culprit... I am a High School Science teacher and that usually comes with a target on my back from all the ne'er-do-wells... I have a few people in mind and the security footage is being reviewed, but I thought I'd take it up here and see what the consensus was. Now before I get the blame, I've had my Jeep for almost two years and know that sweet spot that's needed to close the door (sometimes I still go a little too soft), so I'm fairly positive I didn't SLAM my door. Upon investigation, there is one spot where the broken glass looks different than the rest (think starburst... Like when you get a windshield chip)... The whole window has that clean break look where the glass and the factory tint are cleanly broken together and in one spot, it looks like the tint separated from the glass (starburst)... Anywho... Anybody have a spontaneous blowout? Thanks everyone.

image-41566284.jpg

·
Registered
261 Posts
Mine was hit with a small rock from a lawnmower but didn't break out. As soon as I shut my door the air pressure blew it out.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just talked to the superintendent... That's EXACTLY what happened... Custodians were mowing and trimming the grass near the parking lot... They offered to pay for damages... I told them not to worry about it since I already filed a claim and have a $0 comprehensive deductible... Going in on Saturday to get it fixed... Until then it's packing tape window!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts