Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a bone stock 2005 rubicon on Craigslist with 98k miles, hard top for only 12.5k. I'm very interested in it but the problem I'm having is that I already own a TJ same year but is a sport. And I feel that after i mod her up i will neglect the one I have now and only drive the rubicon. What do you all think.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Buy the rubi has better axels Dana 44 front and rear and already has front and rear lockers and sell the sport

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Sell the sport and buy the Rubicon. Stronger axles with the D44s on the Rubicon will help if you plan on larger tires, lift, and other modifications.

Automatic or manual?

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Sell the sport - fund the build-up of the rubi

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same dilemma. . . . own a '06 Wrangler Sport (only 3K miles) and just bought a '06 Rubicon (14K miles). I think TJs, in the right condition, are going to become scarce. Money aside, I wouldn't be in a hurry to dump the TJ . . . .

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
I have the same dilemma. . . . own a '06 Wrangler Sport (only 3K miles) and just bought a '06 Rubicon (14K miles). I think TJs, in the right condition, are going to become scarce. Money aside, I wouldn't be in a hurry to dump the TJ . . . .
You just might have yourself a valuable TJ with that low of miles...

·
Registered
572 Posts
Rubicon is cheaper to build and better
Lockers save big money
Geared low for the 4.0
4-1 crawl ratio transfer case.
Dana 44's front and rear
If you wanted too you can lift it and run 33's-35's with some chromo shafts.
Regear it
Then your driveline is pretty much done..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I had to buy her so I did too good of a deal to pass up IMO. Totally stock except the siders and is rust free and all arizona. Got for 12k and now I'm out of parking spots and money. Now I'm going to build after a few paychecks come my way.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Well I had to buy her so I did too good of a deal to pass up IMO. Totally stock except the siders and is rust free and all arizona. Got for 12k and now I'm out of parking spots and money. Now I'm going to build after a few paychecks come my way.
You have freaking plane!?

Awesome Jeep man and good price. Welcome to the Jeep community

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No the planes are not mine. The owner worked at the airport and thought it was a good photo opportunity.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I could put all the mods but the lift and tires on the rubi and sell the sport and just have to buy a lift and wheels. And trade hard tops I like the blk better than the brown. But in other news I took off the "milk jugs" and put on the plastic caps I had on my first pair of bumpers.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts