Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my 2015 JKU Aug 13th and I have temp tags that expire Sept 27th. In Ohio, to get new plates you have to provide a title. I called the bank that I have the loan through and they stated they do not have a title for the vehicle I purchased. Wonderful.

I called the dealership yesterday asking what’s going on. I finally heard back from them stating they don’t have the title, and haven’t gotten the title from the credit union on the trade in.

The dealership I purchased from said they can’t renew the temp tags, I have to go to the BMV and file a grievance against them, and then the BMV will issue a renewal of the temp tags. The dealership said they would reimburse me for the temp tag extension and would pay for new plates (when/if that happens).

Anyone deal with this before? What are my options? How should I proceed? I didn’t accept anything from them as of now - I only said I would get back with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not sure of the Ohio rules, but here in VA, a dealer can issue up to 2 sets of temp tags just for this reason and the delay in changing funds and titles. Have your bank call the previous bank to see if an expedite can happen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts