Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so before i start i know that theres extreme wheelers and mall crawlers. Im in the middle. I prolly wheel once a week if at all and its moderate trails. I just got the rough country bb spacer lift. The reviews go from i love it and wouldnt second guess it, to oh sh*t i broke an axle...

What would be my best direction... i want to stay at 2.5

Its a 2012 jk with new shocks and springs so i have faith in them...

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
There is a knowledgeable and respected member on here, jimbox, who has been running this lift for about 2 years or so. He does a good amount of offroading and is happy with it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet! Ill pm him. Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turns out he hasnt been online in like 4 months so anyone else have any advice?

·
Registered
208 Posts
My only experience with lift pucks sucked.. they lasted on my LJ for about 3 weeks before I swapped them for OME springs.. (already had OME shocks.)

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I ran the 2.5 RC BB lift for a year or so with no problems at all. I did do adjustable LCA's cuz it was way flighty, but other than that I had no complaints. I liked the RC over the others because they were steel.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im still freaking out a little bit... Ive heard a lot of horror stories with spacers.

Im more worried about the strut extension brackets... The fact that theres an extra piece of metal that could possibly bend and make a strut leak is my issue. Idk if its almost worth the 200$ more for the springs and struts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Get the springs and proper length shocks.. do you really want to half ass your suspension to save a few bucks?

·
Registered
14 Posts
i run the 2.5 RC BB lift, and altho nothing hardcore, mine has seen some offroad and im happy with it thus far. the performance characteristics in my opinion changed very little from stock... no worse or better. which is fine with me. not looking for a huge change right now... just the extra clearance for my 285/75r/16's incase i go somewhere and flex i don't want to rub.

on here you will get 20,000 differences of opinion. my advice... especially since you already made a purchase.... slap it on.... if you dont like or need more..... THEN buy something else. just my 2 cents.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts