Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, I am fairly new to this forum and have been trying to get as informed as I can before I purchase a new jeep here within the next few months.

I am planning to use my Jeep as a daily driver and possibly a little light trail riding on the weekend. Work is a few miles away and mpg isn't my largest concern.

I am planning to get a JKU sport with the automatic tranny and possibly do a small lift or leveling kit with 33" tires. I don't want to go crazy with a huge lift and larger tires.

I have been reading information whether to go with the 3.21 or 3.73 and still haven't found a clear answer. Is there anyone out there with a similar situation that can share there thoughts on this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Get the 3.73:1 axle ratio.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
X3 for the 3.73s. (We have two jeeps, so I voted twice. :D)

·
Registered
256 Posts
X4 I got 3.73's in mine and I plan on running about a 34 inch tire. 3.73 gears will be just fine for what you want to do.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
x6? for the 3.73. Oh, and the Alpine.. that sound system is DOPE on 15's

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Until you get to heavy duty pickups where you can possibly get overly low gears from the factory, I say always go for the lower geared option.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there anyone from the Houston area that has had good luck with a salesmen when purchasing a wrangler? Everyone I have talked seems to have zero idea about anything to do with the unlimited. They just try to sell me the striped down model they jacked up and giant tires slapped on it without any thought.

·
Registered
250 Posts
3.73 for sure.

Make sure to check out the 2015 Waiting room thread for buying tips, especially if you are planning on a special order.

There are certain options that you may be better off getting and installing yourself, such as Trailer hitch, remote start, possibly stereo system, but I do have the Alpine system and it is awesome.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
My local dealers did not have JKU Sport in 3:73 in the lot. To get 3:73, i had to order it and wait 1-2 months. So i bought 3:21 of the lot. Just be aware and good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the responses. I don't plan on towing things on a daily basis but I like the idea that I could if I ever need to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts