Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new and looking at getting my first wrangler. Found a 95 on craigslist for 3500 with 70k miles on it. What should I keep an eye out for when I go look. How do I know if it's a decent deal or a guy trying to offload his junker. KBB says 5000 for good condition, 4400 for fair. Here's the post

"Excelent condition no holes in body or frame. Soft top, new alternator, 4x4 works great, tires are good, new brke lines, floorboards good, This is a great deal on a jeep with very low miles. "

Thoughts?

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Not sure about what the prices are in your area, but that sounds like a steal. Ask the guy if he would mind if you had a mechanic look at it, if so and it is a sound vehicle, I say grab it up.

Jeff

·
Registered
368 Posts
One of the best deals I have ever seen. 70,000 miles would go for at least 6-7,000 here. Have any pictures of it? Drive the hell out of it to mkae sre the tranny or engine isnt bad when you test drive it. It might be some guy trying to sell it before it takes a dump on him.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yeah Id look to see if the bump stops are still there before you got off roading, you dont need to dent the hell out of your oil pan like it did so check those too...

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
Yeah Id look to see if the bump stops are still there before you got off roading, you dont need to dent the hell out of your oil pan like it did so check those too...
man you are all about bumpstops, :flipoff: i don't think anyone with a yj has them, accept whitebuffalo maybe.

btt, is that a 4 banger? sounds like a good price. if seller won't let you have it looked at don't do it. the best money you could spend is having a reliable mechanic check it over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts