Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking for some advice I'm new to the jeep world and I have a 2 jeeps in my line of sight. One is a 2000 sport mostly stocked and the other is a 2002 X mostly stocked. Both have around similar miles and price is about he same as well, and both are in good condition. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Would need to see them and have more information to make a decision. How many miles on them? What engine do they have, 4.0 or 2.5? Trans? Condition of body and frame? Does it have any rust? All these things can make or brake the decision to buy a jeep. Pics would help us to help you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. They both are a 4.0 and both are around 90,000 and asking $8,000. The condition of both is really the same no body rust tires still have life in them. I'll work on getting pictures. From my research the 2002 x does not have a daNa 44 where as the 2000 does I have no idea if that's a big deal or not.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
having the d44 is a huge deal if you plan on bigger tires and wheeling it. i would not consider the x if the sport has similar miles and price like you stated.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The Dana 44 is important if you are going to be running 35's. If 33's and smaller is all you are going for the Dana 35 would be fine. Also I don't think the x has A/C. Not sure if that's important to you. Just drive them both and pick the overall best jeep. Don't buy just for a rear end.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
its not advisable to run 33s on a d35 either if you plan on a locker.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm on a locked 35 with 33's. not advisable but lots of people get away with it. Open or LSD with 33's will last a long time.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
a stock d35 only takes one bad hop to break locked or otherwise. the d44 is definitely worth it especially since the asking price is the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts