Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the best price possible on a 2017 recon
any recommendations on dealers? here is what I am encountering so I need some sage advice.

I have been working with 2 jeep dealers both are out of state because the prices here IN California are not discounted. #1 One Guy who has a aggressive sales reputation is knocking 13.6 % off all of his vehicles about 6500 below sticker, but does have what I want in terms of color and a couple of options. The other guy has what I want but the jeep has a few extra options I Don't need won't use and don't want to pay for so his start out price is higher. #2 He is offering 5050 off. here is the rub the guy offering 5050 off say that customers go the other #1 guy and when they get there he adds 2000 in dealer add ons and then the customers end up coming back to him any ways.

So what do you think? is this just a case of one dealer bad mouthing another or is it a legitimate occurrence?

if you know these guys feel free to PM me but I don't want to mention names on a public forum

and if you know of any dealers who are aggressively and honestly dealing pass the info on please. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
423 Posts
I dealt with Lakeland Dodge in Lakeland Florida as they had the biggest discount on Recon's on this area. They discount their Recons $5,500 and no haggling from their so it made it easy for me. Another dealership wouldn't go lower than $2500 off msrp so I walked. I handled my whole deal by phone and email prior to driving the 3.5hrs there to sign the papers and pick up the Jeep. I love it!!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I have been working with 2 jeep dealers both are out of state because the prices here IN California are not discounted.
This doesn't directly affect me, so I am not an expert, but I have read several times here about potential troubles about buying a new car, and bringing it directly into CA. You might want to check this out first, and make sure that none of these issues could affect you.

BTW, by itself, it doesn't make a dealership dishonest, because they want to make a profit. That's why they are in business.

·
Retired Moderator
100,553 Posts
When you shop pricing on any vehicle ask, what is your out the door price. In other words, how many $$$ do I give you when I drive off of your lot with my new Wrangler..

In most cases, you will get your best pricing on the last day of the Month. Dealers have sales projections that are mandated by the Factory and the Owners of the Dealerships..FYI

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ask dealer 1 about his fees and see if he'll fax or scan you the purchase agreement. Worst case he refuses because he wants you to come in person and blind side you with fees and you know tk go somewhere else. Or you get the form with all the numbers and can judge whether the deal is as good as you thought. If he sends you it you have no obligation to sign or accept the deal.

·
Registered
132 Posts
And as for Koons, I originally had a better price from a different dealer but wound up buying from Koons after the other dealer tried to rake me over the coals. Even if you're not interested in buying from Virginia, you can shop that quote around.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Last week I Paid $33,995 for my 17 Freedom 2dr w/a MSRP of $37,400 @ Lithia Spokane($37,300 OTD). Seemed like a good deal at the time though I see others saved more. Best deal the other local dealers offered was $2500 under MSRP.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Being in Nor Cal there is a dealership in Idaho that has good pricing, a few people have purchased there one just recently. I can't remember the name.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Dennis Dillon in Caldwell, Idaho.

They advertise a guaranteed price if you use Chrysler financing. This price was 6k below MSRP on a Rubicon. Make sure your Chrysler financing is equal to what you would get through your chosen bank. A few percent is equal to the $1,000 discount they add into the guaranteed price.

If you qualify for other discounts then you could get an additional $2,000 off the guaranteed price. Military discount of $500, Chrysler Corp employee discount and a few others. I didn't qualify for any of the extras and went with my own financing so my deal was $5k under MSRP. All pricing was by email before flying out and picking up the vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts