Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I select automatic, it changes the axle ratios from 4.10 (default for manual) to 3.73. I can add 4.10 back for some $$ if I chose to. What are your thoughts? Where/when do you think it matters? Which would you do and why?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
If you have plans for a moderate build/use up to 35's. Or want more grunt off the line or initial torque for pulling. Go with the 4:10.

If your planning on building 35" or up and want that same performance, save your $$$ because you'll want to re-gear anyway.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Get the 4.10's They will serve you well up to 35's but drive great with the stock 32's. Depending on your style of driving, 3.73's are OK for 35's but not ideal. If you never plan to upgrade tires, the 3.73's are probably good. But never say never. 4.10's give you options and when those stock KMs wear out, you'll be wondering about 33's or even 35's.

Plus, the 4.10 option is about $500 bucks. To regear later will cost you a couple grand.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
get the 4.10's they will serve you well up to 35's but drive great with the stock 32's. Depending on your style of driving, 3.73's are ok for 35's but not ideal. If you never plan to upgrade tires, the 3.73's are probably good. But never say never. 4.10's give you options and when those stock kms wear out, you'll be wondering about 33's or even 35's.

Plus, the 4.10 option is about $500 bucks. To regear later will cost you a couple grand.
x57263658!

:)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I asked the same question when I first started out on this forum. The overwhelming response was to go with the 4.10s. I did, and no regrets.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks - that's what I seem to be getting also (and from reading other threads).

Now onto the many other decisions to make... :drinks:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
If it's one thing I learned modifying cars/trucks, it's "Never fear the gear". 4.10's would be perfect as you can always run 35's later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts