Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ecodiesel Wrangler
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so for those of you that are good at negotiating I’m curious if I’m allowed to ask this here but what kind of deals were you able to negotiate? I’m looking at getting a new 2021 wrangler sport s diesel. I’m asking in terms of how much money off msrp etc. I know they say wranglers don’t get discounts but I know some people here have got great deals 👌🏼

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Sticker on mine was $49,375 & i ended up paying $46,202. No negotiating since i get the "employee" pricing through my work.

·
Super Moderator
10,129 Posts
Discounts on Wranglers became mainstream with the advent of JL —and JT. Blame FCA’s aggressive pricing, along with significantly expanded production capacity.

Wranglers have been in short supply since the shutdowns last spring, and have gradually been recovering in the second half of 2020. Gladiator inventories are more plentiful, and dealers more willing to discount those. “Employee Pricing” appears to have become permanent on non-Rubicon Gladiators.

In normal times, JL buyers have been getting 10% off MSRP on average. I think if you get 10% off MSRP right now you should consider yourself lucky. Things are likely to get better as JL production continues to catch up with demand. My guess is JL inventories should stabilize by spring.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My personal target is I wont buy unless 10% minimum off MSRP- my dealings with local dealers have allowed them to make a profit and provide good service after the sale. I have seen friends drive 3 hrs to save $500 additional over local and get tossed to the back burner when it comes to after sales service. I always get a courtesy vehicle, friends looking for a ride- worth $500 over the long haul for me. I always round down to an even $1000, MSRP $45,000-I offer $40,000. Rarely have to negotiate, but for some that is too boring. Good luck and let them make the first offer- just don’t take it!

·
Registered
2021 Ecodiesel Wrangler
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My personal target is I wont buy unless 10% minimum off MSRP- my dealings with local dealers have allowed them to make a profit and provide good service after the sale. I have seen friends drive 3 hrs to save $500 additional over local and get tossed to the back burner when it comes to after sales service. I always get a courtesy vehicle, friends looking for a ride- worth $500 over the long haul for me. I always round down to an even $1000, MSRP $45,000-I offer $40,000. Rarely have to negotiate, but for some that is too boring. Good luck and let them make the first offer- just don’t take it!
I really appreciate it! I ended up negotiating from msrp 44,950 to the sale price of 40,000 even. And some free shirts and hats and two free oil changes on top of the jeep wave etc. I’m about to drive down and agree to it form what I’ve seen on here 5k off is pretty good and I’m not going to nickle and dime more

·
Registered
528 Posts
Be prepared to travel. Locally I couldnt do much better than invoice then when the two dealers added back DOC fees I was almost back to MSRP. After joining Tread Lightly and having the dealer match finance rates I am now at 7% under invoice with a dealer less than 250 miles from me.

·
Registered
2021 Ecodiesel Wrangler
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I got there they had sold the jeep I wanted even though I had 7k already down. I about lost my effing mind and after them thinking I was gunna lay out everyone there I got an extra 1500 off the deal I stated above and free gap. They had another jeep there different color but literally exactly the same jeep and options . 2021 Wrangler unlimited eco diesel sport S. So the Dana 44 front And back with 3.73 gears because of the diesel. Just a diff color! But scheduling to get it wrapped next week!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts