Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 4.0, 6-speed, Wrangler X. Soft top, full doors, new 32" A/T tires. 79,000 miles for $13,500 from a small dealer.

From big dealers, I can't find anything less than $16,999... but $13,500 is right around KBB value for a private seller.

What do you guys think?

Charles.
Durham, NC

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
Sounds reasonable. But, as always haggle with them.

Tell them Jeeps get real bad gas mileage and with the economy right now you would really like to get it for say 12,500 leaving you an extra 1,000 to pay for your first year of gas.

;)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
doesnt sounds to bad, i would go throught and make sure it was not abused without any maintenance. my dad always told me when buying lifted vehicles to remeber you dont know who did the work or what they used it for

·
Registered
184 Posts
Didn't all the X's come with the weak Dana 35c?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
mine has a dana 35 but idk bout weak. alot of people say you have to regear them just to run 35s when that is not the case at all. im new to jeeps but not danas. to run 35s and mid off road it will hold up fine. the only way its gonna fail is if u take it to far like anything else a dana 60 will break at some point so look into what u are gonna use it for

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
2006 4.0, 6-speed, Wrangler X. Soft top, full doors, new 32" A/T tires. 79,000 miles for $13,500 from a small dealer.

From big dealers, I can't find anything less than $16,999... but $13,500 is right around KBB value for a private seller.

What do you guys think?

Charles.
Durham, NC

that's not too bad of a starting price, i'd take a closer look and a test drive. if it has 32" tall tires it likely has been lifted so be careful not to purchase a poorly executed lift kit. drive it at highway speeds to be sure it does not have suspension issues. good luck.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i paid 15k for an 06 sport 4.0 auto, rhd, hard top, completely stock with 78k down here in Pinehurst nc at leith dodge so i dont think 13500 is bad at all :)

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
After 2 years and 6 months of looking and waiting and thinking, I bought a brand new 2014 JK :D

Charles.
I hope you don't wait that long to take it on a trail. congrats.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I just picked up a 03 Sahara 5 sp with 94000 for $9500. Picking it up some time next week. Central Mass area but the Jeeps from NC. Really wanted an auto but price and condition seemed way over reasonable. Pics soon.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Is it worth it? Depends. Is it worth it to you? Everybody on here has a different view of worth. Different areas get more than others. Who gives a hoot what someone else thinks? Everyone has a story about how little they paid. Some good deals, some rust buckets for cheap, but they never mention the rust bucket part. Get what you want and what you are comfortable paying for it. The stories never end. Do some research on NADA, BB values. Enjoy what you buy, after all, it's yours now.:cool:

·
Registered
279 Posts
I paid 19,000 for an 06 Rubicon with 37,000 miles. It was the best deal I could get in my area. The dealer was "asking $21,000 haha

·
Registered
195 Posts
I paid 10,200 for my 1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara that had a 4 inch lift and 33's and was granny driven with 65k on it. It was not abused at all until i got my hands on it that is ;]

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I paid 19,000 for an 06 Rubicon with 37,000 miles. It was the best deal I could get in my area. The dealer was "asking $21,000 haha

was that a white over khaki Rubi automatic in Enfield, CT? I ask cause that is the exact same vehicle, year, mileage, and price I saw over here in my area last summer when I was shopping for a TJ.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I paid $15.5k for my very well taken care of '05 Rubi over in N Raliegh with 54k miles, 4" Lift, 33s. Dealer was asking $16.9k but everything in life is negotiable :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I paid $12,000 for mine. 33,000 Miles 2006 2.4 SE w/ 4" lift 35" new tires, CB Radio, Ford 8.8 on the rear on 4.88 gears and other goodies.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts