Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, owning a 97 I'm kinda out of my comfort zone here lol. I found a 94 4cyl (2.5?) 5spd and they said they'd take 2500 for it bottom dollar. It's got 157xxx miles. The windshield has a small spider crack and the windshield frame is rusted pretty bad. Its in dire need of a new top and the rear gate has trouble latching. So my questions are, is it worth it? Are 4.10's standard on 4cyl? And how do you like yj's compared to the tj like I own? Oh, and it's stock as stock gets lol. Thank you for any input!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just to compare... I got my 90 4.2 with 100k, 2.5" Skyjacker, 2" BL, MT Baja Claws on MT rims, with a Warn xi9000 for $3800. There's not a bit of rust on it, and the original undercoating is still on the frame.

If it were me, I'd shop around a bit.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'd say so... I mean, ultimately it's up to you, and how badly the guy wants to dump it. But if it were me, I wouldn't play in the ballpark of anything higher than like 1200 bucks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
KBB says that if it was in 'fair' condition, it would be worth about $2,300. With just hearing your description I don't know if I'd give it a fair rating.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I posted my kbb thing b4 I let your post load lol. I'd say fair if it runs rough. Mayb good if the motor is in top notch condition. But 1200? That's kinda low for any wrangler. I'd say if hed give it for 2k I'd b happy. I'm gonna hear it run tomorrow. Thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts