Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you consider buying an 05 unlimited if it had death wobble? The rest of the Jeep is what I am looking for. The only dowside is that I need to transport it 10 hours to get it home and then after it wont see highway speeds ever.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Death wobble isn't difficult to fix. Most jeeps get it at some point. If everything else is good then go for it. I bought my 04 for cheap because it had dw.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for the reply, from what I have been reading it is probably either the track bar, lca's, or tires out of balance. The Jeep has 33's on it with lower tread so maybe that is the cause?

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
10 hour drive sounds like about 500-600 miles. You could have it shipped for approx $1 per mile ($500-$600). The death wobble issue sounds like an opportunity for a good price for you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Like everyone else has said, the death wobble wouldn't bother me one point if it meant I could get it bought for the right price. If you get it, make sure to post some pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want to give one last Thank you for everyone's advice. I have decided against the LJ's I was looking at and I am going to get a slightly older TJ for a much better price. When I get it, pics will be up and the modding will start. I will not be able to see it in person though for about a month and a half due to work. In the meantime this thread can die. :rip:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts