Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I was able to get a 3.5 Inch AEV lift for a good deal. Now I want 35's or 33's, and around 12.5 inches wide.

Dont really know what tires I want. my Jeep is my DD and I do a fair amount of Highway Kms.

I like the look of a 15" rim the best but ive seen some issues with them on the JK.

I live in Canada so Its hard for me to get tires and rims from most online dealers. I would have to ship everything to a place in the US and then pick it up. (costs me about $50 in gas + $10 per tire at the storage place)

Here is the Rims I was thinking:
Pro Comp Wheels Part 98-5873 - Series 98 Rock Crawler - Gloss Black Monster Mod Wheel - 4 Wheel Parts

For tires I was thinking something like this But im open to any suggestions:
General Tire Part 04320070000 - 35x12.50R15LT, Grabber AT2 - 4 Wheel Parts

I have a 2013 JK sport soft top, with a bumper and winch.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Normally you start with the tire size and derive your options of lift kits from there. You can do the opposite but it limits your options. I've had the AEV 3.5 lift and it can provide in the vicinity of 4.5" of lift. If you care about appearance 33" tires look small on this lift. The 35s are a perfect match and you can even run 37s with a minor changes.

The 33s look best with the 2.5" lift and you can even run 35s with that lift.

The wheels will work fine with that offset and the 15" rims are too small for a JK but some force fit them anyway. The General Grabber AT2 is a good tire. I normally prefer the Grabber MT but they do not have siping like the AT2 so in your geography the AT2 is a better choice. There are a lot of great tires. For instance the Duratracs are extremely popular and they represent a hybrid AT/MT. The Cooper Maxx is also a great choice and the new KO2 look promising.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Normally you start with the tire size and derive your options of lift kits from there. You can do the opposite but it limits your options. I've had the AEV 3.5 lift and it can provide in the vicinity of 4.5" of lift. If you care about appearance 33" tires look small on this lift. The 35s are a perfect match and you can even run 37s with a minor changes.

The 33s look best with the 2.5" lift and you can even run 35s with that lift.

The wheels will work fine with that offset and the 15" rims are too small for a JK but some force fit them anyway. The General Grabber AT2 is a good tire. I normally prefer the Grabber MT but they do not have siping like the AT2 so in your geography the AT2 is a better choice. There are a lot of great tires. For instance the Duratracs are extremely popular and they represent a hybrid AT/MT. The Cooper Maxx is also a great choice and the new KO2 look promising.
What do you mean by "force fit"... Ive heard of occasional slight caliper grind on the corner and some 15inch wheels needing zero modification to fit.

You also contridictated yourself. May have been a mistake. Wheels and rims are the same thing. Did you mean tires?

I ask because I ordered some 15 pro comp d windows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts