Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy All,

I'm going to be getting some used 35x12.5x17 Nitto Grapplers tomorrow and wanted any feedback on them. They are approx. 30-40% wear as stated by the owner. They appear to be warn even and will go on my JKU until I can find a better alternative and see how I like the 35" and my setup. They are measured at 34.5" right now per the owner and have never been patched/filled.

Here are some pics of the tires in their current state. I plan to pick them up tomorrow. I will also be running wheel spacers and my stock MOAB rims on my JKU. I have a 2.5" leveling lift on my JKU also and will eventually cut the fenders/pinch seam/front bumper. I just wanted to have a tire to fill the wheel well before I did. Right now I'm running stock 255/75/17 GY Wranglers. I will keep them as backups...Hopefully these Nitto's will get me through summer wheeling/camping/off roading. :)

Also, I will need to find a shop that will mount/balance used tires in the Fresno, CA Area...

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmmmm. Can't tell if silence is:
-There is no issues. Go for it!
-They aren't a good deal, or,
-No comment!

LOL
Anything?

·
Registered
891 Posts
You could run into problems with a tire shop mounting the tires on your 7.5" wide wheel. Pretty positive the recommended minimum wheel width would be 8" or even 8.5" and I've had trouble with this before. The tires look like a good way for you to start.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You could run into problems with a tire shop mounting the tires on your 7.5" wide wheel. Pretty positive the recommended minimum wheel width would be 8.5" and I've had trouble with this before. The tires look like a good way for you to start.
I called a small tire shop in town and they said they would mount/balance all four for $50. Not sure if thats steep, but I'll take what I can get! I also tried East Bay, but wasn't able to talk to them about mounting yet. Supposedly, they may do it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Wasnt sure if that was a fair price.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
They look like less than 50 o/o tread. Check the Nittos website, buy a tread depth gauge, pay less.

If the tire has 50 percent. They are worth 25 percent because new or used the cost to mount and balance is the same. Used tires are only a bargain if the cost per mile is less than that of new tires... Mounted and balanced.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Honestly? Looking at the photos I'd pay no more $25.00 each. And only to use themas a test tire. Not to count on them for transportation.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly? Looking at the photos I'd pay no more $25.00 each. And only to use themas a test tire. Not to count on them for transportation.
I talked seller down to $80 for all four. It'll be @$50 to mount, so $130 all together and my time. Sound legit?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts