Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

I just agreed to purchase a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2 door, hard top. I took it for a test drive around the block and it drove smoothly. It has 21000 miles on it (35000km) and only minor scrapes. The person I bought it from was the first owner of the vehicle and has never taken it out to the desert. She also has never taken off the hard top. It was incredibly clean inside and out.

Any suggestions on what I should look at before I complete the transaction?

If you need any additional information, just ask.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Check skis plates for scratches to verify that she never took it off road. Other than that just check the clutch if its a manual. That's pretty much it. Oh and check for even wheel wear to see of it is still aligned and if she rotated the wheels right

Congrats on the new jeep!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I would take it to a jeep dealer and have them give it a once over, i think its worth the money of a hour labor

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check skis plates for scratches to verify that she never took it off road. Other than that just check the clutch if its a manual. That's pretty much it. Oh and check for even wheel wear to see of it is still aligned and if she rotated the wheels right

Congrats on the new jeep!
thanks! will do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would take it to a jeep dealer and have them give it a once over, i think its worth the money of a hour labor
this car is already dealer maintained , it has been to the dealer for every service to date.
I wouldnt mind taking it for a check-up to the dealer, but this car has a full service history. Would i still need to take it for a check-up ?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
One thing you could perhaps ask about is the oil consumption. Some of the 07-11 engines are known to consume a lot of oil between changes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
One thing you could perhaps ask about is the oil consumption. Some of the 07-11 engines are known to consume a lot of oil between changes.

????? Never heard of this before.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Buy a 2012 or newer because they have the pentastar motor. :)
Well i wish i could afford it, 2009 for now.
The seller is stalling me though.
I found a sahara in silver, around 20000miles never been off-road,
"lady driven", no mechanical problems and no accidents at all. The top has never even been taken off.No modifications on the car besides a lid for the gas tank. We are supposed to finalise the sale on thursday. so fingers crossed..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts