Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^ thank you! I will take pictures and report back my finds with the gang so that perhaps you guys can better guide me.

·
Administrator
12,630 Posts
Look at the frame for rust, at the spring hanger locations... Make sure 4wd works... Appears to be different or faded paint on the drivers side and a bunch holes in the rocker... check that area. how many miles does it have?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^ Nevermind guys, dealer just called to tell me it has been sold as of this morning :nonono:

·
Registered
635 Posts
If you have the chance, have an experienced mechanic look it over if you have any doubts on it. Like mentioned, check the frame around the spring hangers, check the floorboards and windshield area for rust. Engage the 4X4 system and make sure the vacuum CAD system is working correctly. Check for any serious leaks in fluids and pull dip sticks and the radiator cap to make sure everything is like it should be color wise and smell. Check the date stamp on the tires and make sure they are not old and need to be replaced before you set out on some highway adventure. If it has mods like lift kit, etc, make sure it looks like they did a good job installing it. Block the tires and put it in neutral and shake the driveshafts and check for excessive wear. Look at the greasable areas and see if there is any old grease build up indicating it has been serviced regularly. Ask for service records and see what has been done.

And on and on. Use common sense and dont get hung up on this one, there are plenty of them out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts