Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do y'all think is going to happen with the economic impact we're getting ready to feel from the COVID-19 pandemic?

I'm worried about my family and those in jobs/careers who are vulnerable right now, and I absolutely don't want this thread to feel insensitive. At the same time, though, I'm fortunate enough to be in a career that should be fairly well insulated from recessions/depressions, and I just so happen to be in the market to buy a new Gladiator.

A big part of me thinks if I wait a few more weeks, dealers will be willing to make some heretofore unthinkable deals. I'm in no hurry to sell my JKU, so I can wait until the right time. I'm just not sure what the right time will be or whether I'll recognize it when I see it.

Do y'all think we'll see dealers willing to go any lower than 7-8% below invoice, specifically on a Rubicon?

The only thing I'm really worried about is a lack of supply with factories closing indefinitely. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
What do y'all think is going to happen with the economic impact we're getting ready to feel from the COVID-19 pandemic?

I'm worried about my family and those in jobs/careers who are vulnerable right now, and I absolutely don't want this thread to feel insensitive. At the same time, though, I'm fortunate enough to be in a career that should be fairly well insulated from recessions/depressions, and I just so happen to be in the market to buy a new Gladiator.

A big part of me thinks if I wait a few more weeks, dealers will be willing to make some heretofore unthinkable deals. I'm in no hurry to sell my JKU, so I can wait until the right time. I'm just not sure what the right time will be or whether I'll recognize it when I see it.

Do y'all think we'll see dealers willing to go any lower than 7-8% below invoice, specifically on a Rubicon?

The only thing I'm really worried about is a lack of supply with factories closing indefinitely. Thoughts?
If you have a local dealer that is still open, call and ask. When I talked to my dealer back in February when they had the big deal for Sports and Overlands, I asked why it wasn't for the Rubicon and he said it was because the Rubicon is the top seller. You will be limited to what is on the lot or what they dealer can find for trade which is usually 200 air miles.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
My dealership is locked up tight. No answering of phones either. Our governor just announced a stay at home order last night, so lot's of places closing up here in the Northwest.

And to answer your question, IMO the best deals are still to come. But there isn't a MAx Tow on a lot w/in 200 miles.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
I agree with the above. There probably will be some great deals, but only at some dealerships/geographical locations, and only on some models. They will probably be most willing to discount models that they feel are harder to sell/less desirable. If you can see on the dealership site when they took delivery of a unit, you will have some idea of how anxious they might be to move it.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
not sure how Jeep will do with deals. i have been as of today testing the waters with a few other big brands on their pickups thus far. it's basically a waiting game until april begins i believe.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
GM 84 months at 0% and no payments for 6 months?
Ford 3months payment waved, 3 months paid by Ford
FCA... Soon to get in the game?

Send that lead to the internet department and someone will turn the lights on for you if the doors are locked out front.

Come April, they will be hungry. If you want it now, I bet you someone will help out for a great deal. Life goes on

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
A global pandemic. The economy has tanked. Unemployment at 30%. I think I want to buy a new car.
Think of it as your own personal contribution to the economic stimulus plan! Besides, the man at the top said this will all be over by Easter, right? Hmmm...:crazy:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
0.00034% of the population has this virus. That's what they call a "pandemic" these days?

Anyhow, my local dealer is advertising 10% below invoice. They even have a Launch Edition on the lot at $12,300 off sticker right now. They'd LOVE to sell you a new JT.

Anybody who was in the market for a new truck and has the means to buy, NOW is the time. Best deals you'll ever see the rest of your life, bar none.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
0.00034% of the population has this virus. That's what they call a "pandemic" these days?

Anyhow, my local dealer is advertising 10% below invoice. They even have a Launch Edition on the lot at $12,300 off sticker right now. They'd LOVE to sell you a new JT.

Anybody who was in the market for a new truck and has the means to buy, NOW is the time. Best deals you'll ever see the rest of your life, bar none.
That's exactly what I'm expecting. I had a sales manager at a nearby dealership tell me today that he couldn't do 8.5% below invoice, but he'd be happy to sell me a loaded Rubicon for about $3,500 below MSRP. I wished him the best of luck in his endeavor. I know for a fact I can do significantly better than that.

With the shelter in place orders coming in all around me, I have nothing but time to find the right deal.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
That's exactly what I'm expecting. I had a sales manager at a nearby dealership tell me today that he couldn't do 8.5% below invoice, but he'd be happy to sell me a loaded Rubicon for about $3,500 below MSRP. I wished him the best of luck in his endeavor. I know for a fact I can do significantly better than that.

With the shelter in place orders coming in all around me, I have nothing but time to find the right deal.
Might get better response here https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/anyone-considering-purchasing-during-this-crazy-time.29139/

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Thanks, I'll take some time to read through that thread this morning.
If you visit that forum, take a look at the posts from Tri-City regarding their pricing. You should have no issue finding a JTR at 7% below invoice

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I see Jeep just came out with 0% for 84 months and no payments for 90 days. What a difference 45 days makes! Got mine on February 4 at 3.5%, but at least I was able to find a Max Tow on the lot.

·
Super Moderator
22,506 Posts
I see Jeep just came out with 0% for 84 months and no payments for 90 days. What a difference 45 days makes! Got mine on February 4 at 3.5%, but at least I was able to find a Max Tow on the lot.
Looks like that is just for models that don’t sell well.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Gotcha, missed that. Looking at the number of Gladiators that haven't moved off their lot, maybe in the near future.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hope so! I know Gladiators don’t appeal to everyone, but I’m not truck shopping for everyone, and they do appeal to me. I found a pretty well-optioned red Rubicon (leather, cold weather, remote start and remote proximity entry, 8.4” radio, LED lights, black hard top) with 2,000 miles for 47,000 on a Kia lot. I’d think about getting it if they would come down just a bit more.

Gotcha, missed that. Looking at the number of Gladiators that haven't moved off their lot, maybe in the near future.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts