Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a jku that was towed 10k- 20k miles behind an rv over the past couple yrs....should I be concerned with anythin? Is there anything I should look for?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Subscribed.

Always wondered about those ads that seem to proudly claim "most miles towed behind an RV".

I think if done right per the manual it would be similar wear and tear per mile on the driveline with no load on the engine and transmission.

Maybe some weird/different stresses applied to the suspension and bushings - but I don't see that being an issue.

If done wrong, there may be a chance of transfer case/transmission parts spinning with less than optimal lubrication.

Note that locker or limited slip may put stress on driveline parts while towing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not an issue but look at the front bushings and tie rods and ball joints. You make the vehicle turn by pushing on the tires not the steering linkage when towing it so I'd check those out and replace what's necessary and worn.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Miles don't register on the Jeep while towed, keep that in mind.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The jku has low miles....just wondering what to look for or if there should be any concern on certain parts.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i've towed mine about 8k miles without any issues... about to put another 3k next month.

20k miles towed wouldn't bother me any...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts