Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2017 JKU Rubicon Recon and from time to time there is a buzzing sound under the hood, which sounds like a leveling or compressor type sound. The sound typically occurs when the vehicle weight is affected with input/output of a moderate to heavy load (either interior cabin/luggage load or on tow hitch) or I experience it when I'm rock crawling on the trail. The mods I've made were adding 3.5" lift, 35" tires, winch, backup cam and PCM swap. Everything else is stock, which is fairly loaded in the Recon, including the TPMS. I've had other vehicles with electronic stabilizers/levelers, which made a very similar sound, but I can't find anything in the Jeep manual or by calling Jeep to explain the issue. I thought perhaps it was the electronic roll mitigation (ERM), however the light in the dash is never lit as some other forum posts have detailed. I also thought it may be the tire pressure monitor system (TPMS), but not faults there either. Btw, it happens when the tires have been inflated for street and deflated for offroad Anyone know what's going on, what's the possible problem, if any or what equipment is making this sound?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Vacuum pump.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Indeed, could be vacuum pump...it was relocated from the front bumper to under the hood in between ABS and PCM due to install of winch. Is that a normal sound and just amplified now that it's under the hood and so close to the cabin? Thx!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts