Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered teraflex c gussets and they will not fit in the correct location without hitting the front coils?? Are my c's already bent or am I missing something? You can see how far they need to go to be on the center of the tube.all suspension is stock including springs.Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Weird...that does not happen on mine- not with stock coils or with Synergy coils. I have TF gussets too. Maybe this is why other gussets are wider and less deep...bracing more from the sides of the Cs.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Yupp mine rub a tiny bit too. When i get rancho's 3" sport kit ill fix it lol.

·
Registered
386 Posts
what kjeeper 10 said, I have the same gussets and they required a slight groove to clear the spring. why don't they come with said groove?, not all springs are the same, groove to yours and all will be good.:)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Did you guys weld them in yourselves or have a shop do it? Just wondering what special treatment this process would involve to avoid getting things too hot and damaging anything in the axle.

·
Insert something witty...
596 Posts
I have a 2.5" TF kit. Rusty's c-gussets clear no problem.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Did you guys weld them in yourselves or have a shop do it? Just wondering what special treatment this process would involve to avoid getting things too hot and damaging anything in the axle.
Had a shop do mine and I was getting my ball joints replaced at the same time. Otherwise if you're doing them yourselves, you just have to do short cycles/use a damp rag so you don't toast the ball joints.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts