Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My daughter has had a JK for about 6 months. A few weeks ago it threw a C123F code. I tried to reset the steering sensor by turning the wheel Right then Left as someone suggested. This seemed to work - I was able to clear the code and it stayed away.

The code came back on yesterday along with the ESP BAS light and the traction control symbol. I cleared them.

I checked again today and the ESP BAS light and the traction control symbol are not back but the C123F code is. Now it won't clear.

The steering wheel is straight. It was aligned just after purchase. It does have a questionable 3" lift. The horn and cruise both work. The airbag light is not on.

Any ideas what I should try?

I priced out a clockspring from the dealer at $550 Canadian - not a price where I want to just replace it for the fun of it. The steering sensor is part of the clockspring - right?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When we first bought it I had the dealer run the vin. No recalls showed up. Maybe it was already replaced.
Thanks though - would have been nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts