Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2dr JK and I'm looking for recommendations from you all for a cab cover. I don't have a garage and when the weather is nice I like to take the doors off with the top down but gets to be a pain each night to "re-assemble" and on occasion will roll the dice and so far been pretty lucky. Looking for something that is fairly water resistant, easy on and off as well as packs back into its bag easily.
thanks ahead of time peeps

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
I have been using the Bestop cover for the past 3 yrs and really like it. If you have a hard top it will not fit over it. I use mine a lot and eventually the seams began to leak but I used Seam Sealer for tents to waterproof the stitching on the seams and no more leaks.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Not sure if the same rule applies, but when you buy a new tent, you should season it to help seal the seams. You get it soaked, let it dry, repeat several times. Works best if you have a day when it rains off and on. The principle is that when the tent is sewn the needles make holes bigger than the thread. When the thread gets wet it expands. By having it repeatedly get wet and dry the thread will stay expanded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
The cover was water proof for the first couple of years but I think being exposed to the elements it lost some of its ability to repel water. The seam sealer worked perfectly and took about 10 minutes to apply along the seam that was leaking.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been using the Bestop cover for the past 3 yrs and really like it. If you have a hard top it will not fit over it. I use mine a lot and eventually the seams began to leak but I used Seam Sealer for tents to waterproof the stitching on the seams and no more leaks.

Thanks - yea seem sealer is a must with tents!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts