Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm looking at air filters for my 2015 Willy's on Amazon... Find a WIX for $15.51. Not to bad...

As a suggestion at the bottom of the page it shows an oil filter and cabin air filter... Does a JK have a cabin air filter? If so where??? Here is the WIX part number:
Wix 24302 Cabin Air Filter $19.85.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
It goes behind the glove box. Hit up YouTube for a how to.

As I recall, the slot is there on all JKs but they only install a filter on models with automatic climate control.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My 2012 does. Have to remove your glove box to access. There should be some search results on here that have pics and description of how to do it. That's how I found mine and I also ordered the Wix from Amazon and installed.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I don't have the climate control so not going to screw with it. LOL

·
Registered
137 Posts
Why not?? You have a heater and A/C so therefore climate control. Filters keep the dirt out of the fan and vents. It takes about 5 minutes to install the filters (yes, filters...there are two installed side by side).

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Does it still filter the air well when the top and doors are off? I'm sorry to each their own. But a cabin air filter has to be by far the most un-jeep thing ever.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I didn't even know there was one. But I always keep it on outside air anyway. With the doors or windows down so much, I'm not so sure it makes much difference putting it on recirculate. haha. Also for some reason it always reverts back to outside air even if I had it on recirculate before.

·
Registered
52 Posts
There is a spot to put cabin filters. My 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara did NOT have filters installed from the factory. Must not need them.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I figure if the filters can catch enough dirt to prevent me from having to clean the cores out just one time, they are totally worth it.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I figure if the filters can catch enough dirt to prevent me from having to clean the cores out just one time, they are totally worth it.
This. It's one thing to have a dirty interior from wheeling with the top off, it's another to get an expected face full of dirt from the vents when you turn the AC or heat on.

Mark

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why not?? You have a heater and A/C so therefore climate control. Filters keep the dirt out of the fan and vents. It takes about 5 minutes to install the filters (yes, filters...there are two installed side by side).
My mistake, I thought I only had them with
" automatic " climate control. As said above.
Yes I saw there were 2. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
My mistake, I thought I only had them with
" automatic " climate control. As said above.
Yes I saw there were 2. Thanks.
Sorry if my post was unclear. Every JK has the spot for the filters but only auto climate control ones have it installed at the factory.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Does it still filter the air well when the top and doors are off? I'm sorry to each their own. But a cabin air filter has to be by far the most un-jeep thing ever.
do you turn on hvac with the doors off and top down? Have you ever used your ac or heat? Some of us do on occasion. When we do we like to keep from circulating allergens, dust, etc.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
do you turn on hvac with the doors off and top down? Have you ever used your ac or heat? Some of us do on occasion. When we do we like to keep from circulating allergens, dust, etc.
I don't have AC, I do use the heat with the doors and top off occasionally. I'm not sure how a filter would help unless your jeep is all buttoned up. And I'd rather sneeze and snot all over myself then spend one nice day with the jeep all buttoned up. Just looking at it you can tell it's sad with the doors on.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry if my post was unclear. Every JK has the spot for the filters but only auto climate control ones have it installed at the factory.
Got it, Thanks Much!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I don't have AC, I do use the heat with the doors and top off occasionally. I'm not sure how a filter would help unless your jeep is all buttoned up. And I'd rather sneeze and snot all over myself then spend one nice day with the jeep all buttoned up. Just looking at it you can tell it's sad with the doors on.
you must get 'nice' days all the time then. But in Ohio we spend 9 months/year either shivering, or driving through the rain.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
you must get 'nice' days all the time then. But in Ohio we spend 9 months/year either shivering, or driving through the rain.
I'm from ohio. I really don't care if people want to put a cabin filter in their jeep. The concept just seems silly to me. Much like the antibiotic wipes for shopping carts. We all lived for years without wiping the handles of a shopping cart. Now everyone wipes the handle of the shopping cart, but not the doors in the frozen food section. Or the cans of soup they're picking up. I work in surgery and have a really good understanding of sterile technique and how pathogens get passed around. Wiping a cart once across with a wipe isn't doing anything. It just makes people feel better. Your jeep isn't airtight. And is in fact designed to be an open air vehicle, as such I find it silly to try to filter air. You would be better served wearing a surgical mask. At least then you can enjoy top down, doors off driving. Plus you can get from the house to the jeep without having to breath unfiltered air.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I'm from ohio. I really don't care if people want to put a cabin filter in their jeep. The concept just seems silly to me. Much like the antibiotic wipes for shopping carts. We all lived for years without wiping the handles of a shopping cart. Now everyone wipes the handle of the shopping cart, but not the doors in the frozen food section. Or the cans of soup they're picking up. I work in surgery and have a really good understanding of sterile technique and how pathogens get passed around. Wiping a cart once across with a wipe isn't doing anything. It just makes people feel better. Your jeep isn't airtight. And is in fact designed to be an open air vehicle, as such I find it silly to try to filter air. You would be better served wearing a surgical mask. At least then you can enjoy top down, doors off driving. Plus you can get from the house to the jeep without having to breath unfiltered air.

I've never used those wipes. I like giving my immune system a workout, I rarely get colds so it seems to work. Haha

·
Registered
191 Posts
do you use a furnace filter? Why? Your house isn't air tight. You open the windows (I assume). it's 'silly' not to filter recirculated forced air. It's inexpensive and reduces airborne particulates when in a closed space. Why would you chime in on this thread of you find it so weird? Furthermore I do use those wipes. I use them because there are disgusting human beings that don't wash their hands after dumping, or picking the itchy asses. If it was socially acceptable I would wear gloves constantly to avoid some slobs inconsiderate filth.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts