Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my CAD housing I took off the vacuum plug, (two lines), and in 2wd the one vacuum line pulls, (receiving vacuum pressure).

Then, I put it into 4wd, moved around a bit forward and backward, and the -same- vacuum line is receiving vacuum pressure. I thought it was supposed to switch to the other line to move the diaphragm back.

What could that problem be?

Having trouble disengaging my 4x4, the CAD fork stays in 4x4 whether I'm in 2wd or 4wd, but as long as my tcase is in 2-High I'm not actually in "real-4x4".

·
Registered
309 Posts
There is a vacuum switch on the top of the transfer case. I just swapped mine out think it was like $9. Follow the vac lines to the drivers side of the case on the top toward the front. There should be 4 lines plugged in and you can remove it with a crescent wrench.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a vacuum switch on the top of the transfer case. I just swapped mine out think it was like $9. Follow the vac lines to the drivers side of the case on the top toward the front. There should be 4 lines plugged in and you can remove it with a crescent wrench.
I'll check it out, thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts