Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont worry this isn't a CAI debate.

The previous owner put an airaid Intake on my jeep and I replaced the filter with an Amsoil EA filter. There Is a plastic guard around the filter that I assume is there to prevent water or mud being splashed on the filter or to block hot engine heat from the intake.

My question is has anyone taken this plastic guard off and had any problems? I think it looks a lot better and would flow better without it but I would be worried about some large splash flying up there during the mud months.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I wheel in mud as well. And if I was you, I'd leave it on since you said you do mud which usually also involves water. The fan on TJ's is known to splash water directly onto the air intake. And without that shield there, you'll loose any amount of protection it was providing. Best thing to do would be go get a stock air box if you play in the mud/water.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't really do all mud or anything but its often unavoidable when it starts raining a lot on the fire roads and stuff. I didn't think about the fan, I guess I better just leave it on. Maybe I'll paint it or something, thanks

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I don't really do all mud or anything but its often unavoidable when it starts raining a lot on the fire roads and stuff. I didn't think about the fan, I guess I better just leave it on. Maybe I'll paint it or something, thanks
If its unavoidable, leaving it on is the best idea. And painting it if you don't like it is a good idea too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts