Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i would like you all to meet Cain, shes an 05 with a 4.0 6sp. i got her with a 3 inch body lift :hide: and 33s. my plan is to go down to a 1 inch body lift and get set up for 35s. (axles, brakes, gearing, etc...) so heres my build hope you enjoy! any ideas and help is welcome!!

Cain

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
went and picked up my 8.8 the other day:D. mine came out of a 2000 mountaineer. my jeep came with 3.73 gears and i luckly found this one with 3.73's and LSD and 31 spline shafts

there was some kinda "control arm" on my axle. must have been something to do with the mountaineer.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
05wrangler said:
so i would like you all to meet Cain, shes an 05 with a 4.0 6sp. i got her with a 3 inch body lift :hide: and 33s. my plan is to go down to a 1 inch body lift and get set up for 35s. (axles, brakes, gearing, etc...) so heres my build hope you enjoy! any ideas and help is welcome!!

Cain
Get an 8.8! :rofl:

I forgot you had side steps, remove em!

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
went and picked up my 8.8 the other day:D. mine came out of a 2000 mountaineer. my jeep came with 3.73 gears and i luckly found this one with 3.73's and LSD and 31 spline shafts
there was some kinda "control arm" on my axle. must have been something to do with the mountaineer.
that looks like a shock mount

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh ok im there :facepalm: freaking mountaineer's :nonono: how much did the 8.8 cost ya?
lol thats what i said, it also had some random shock mounted on the back of the diff housing, i payed 170 bucks with the leaf springs cuzz we couldnt get them off

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats not a bad price, if i had the money i woulda done an 8.8 swap during this little re-build, but the budget didn't allow it
only way i was able to do it was cuzz i found a 3.73 so i can get by with out regearing for a while.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
found a little surprise when i was cutting off the brackets, there was a tag here and looks like it has rusted out:nonono:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

pulled the hog head and shims out today

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got her all grinded down smooth, need to order my brackets and then send it to the blasters. any ideas on a pinion angle? my lift could be anywhere for 3 to 6 inches in the life of this axle.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
05wrangler said:
got her all grinded down smooth, need to order my brackets and then send it to the blasters. any ideas on a pinion angle? my lift could be anywhere for 3 to 6 inches in the life of this axle.
With a TT? Most likely 19.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
any more input on a pinion angle??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts