Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I saw the sticky thread on washing, but wonder: is there anything wrong with leaving caked mud on the Jeep? As in--does it harm the paint? By the time I get home, it's usually dry, and I have no clue how to get it off. So double question: do I have to get the mud off, and if so, how? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Self service car wash is my go to. Hose off the undercarriage and engine bay first, then get to work top to bottom. I usually spend like $8 in quarters I think

·
Registered
22,331 Posts
Hello! I saw the sticky thread on washing, but wonder: is there anything wrong with leaving caked mud on the Jeep? As in--does it harm the paint? By the time I get home, it's usually dry, and I have no clue how to get it off. So double question: do I have to get the mud off, and if so, how? Thanks!
Self service car wash. Like stated above normally $5 in quarters will get it cleaned... Not washed.... Clean of mud lol.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Step 1 park in grass when you get home.
Step 2 place garden sprinkler under Jeep.
Step 3 turn on hose and go get a soda, may substitute adult beverage if not driving again
Step 4 move sprinkler, continue drink.

I have done this a couple of times. I am going to water the grass anyway. It get most of the junk off. Car wash/pressure washer will be faster.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
If its red clay then get it off ASAP cause its acidic and will eat/stain your paint.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Self service car wash. Like stated above normally $5 in quarters will get it cleaned... Not washed.... Clean of mud lol.
haha yea that's a key point...I haven't had a legit wash since I went away for the first semester. Spring I'll treat my boy to a clay bar and the whole 9 yards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts