Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the "calib" light always blinks, like it's not set. Has been doin that since i got it. From what i can tel from the POS DVD manual, you calibrate it by driving in a tight circle.

Am i doing something wrong?
I'm about to get a piece of electrical tape and cover it!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Do you have EVIC? If so, cycle through the personal settings until you get to the compass settings. First thing you need to do is set your zone. It defaults to 8. The map is in the OM and I think in the UG.

After that setting the next one will ask if you want to calibrate. Select yes while in a parking lot, then drive in a few tight circles. The blinking "CAL" on the instrument cluster will go out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will give it a try. think it gave me an issue about personal settings...but i was driving at the time. will try today in a parking lot

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Yeah, it won't let you play if you're driving. Mine did the same thing but driving in a couple circles fixed it. Good luck.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't have EVIC in my 2012, but I would like to calibrate my compass. In the owner's manual (pg 291), it gives directions on how to enter "CAL" mode, but I can't seem to get it to work. I can get it to show me the variance, but when I try to hold the reset button again, it simply goes back to the compass/ temp screen after 10 seconds or so.

Anyone with this issue? My compass cheats west all the time, and it bugs me. Nothing sitting on the dash, and variance is set correctly (7).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts