Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped my stock 31" with 33" tires. Do I really need to recalibrate the speedometer? I'm a little reluctant to spend $300 on a Flashcal, especially since I have a manual transmission JK. Yes, the speedometer is a little on the "slow" side, but as long as I know it, I'm OK with it.

What do you guys think? Flashcal yes or no?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
If you have a standard transmission, it doesn't matter all that much.

The basic Flashcal is around 170 - 180 dollars. Another outfit.. AEA makes a Procal which costs about the same.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Would I run into problems with the State Inspection if the speedometer is not 100% accurate?
I don't know if they'd have a way to test that without driving it around. But I doubt it would pose an issue. I would still invest in the AEV ProCal which will help adjust your shift points (Auto trans), adjust your speedo, plus it has a lot of other useful options all built in to it. I had gotten one when I upgraded tires and it's a nice tool to have.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, my Wrangler has manual transmission, but I have a cold air intake and after-market exhaust, so maybe a ProCal would help recalibrate the engine? I also want to increase the idle a bit ... so maybe I should get one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts