Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the California Duster recommended for the mid week dust overlay after a wash on my JKUR? Will it ruin my paint? I live in Las Vegas btw. Thanx, Eddie.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I wouldn't think it would "ruin" the paint, but that's not what it's made for. I don't use it on my vehicles that way.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I know a number of folks that use the CD on show cars - for LIGHT dust. If you are talking a dusting of desert sand or something with even a little grit, I'd say no way. If it's truly just dust, try it carefully in a small spot first and make sure you keep the CD clean.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Worked great for my garage queen convertible but it was Burgundy not black. Light dust removal, desert sand I would suggest a good clean, clay and quality wax first then just a rinse and wipe with "detailer" spray between outings.
Assume you have a garage to keep it in?

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Light dust- it's fantastic. Any more- just wash it.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Light dust- it's fantastic. Any more- just wash it.
I've had mine for over a decade. It actually gets better with age, seasoned so to speak. I use it on my 2013 (a year old) all the time--no swirls/scratches. If anything, bcuz of the polymer wax still present in the fibers of the duster, it actually helps to seal in a good wax job.

The Cali. Duster is my #1 detailing secret. People ask me all the time how the heck I keep my ride spotless in Michigan.

I'll even use it after a light rain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts