Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other COD MW3 or AEV rear bumper owners see this happen to the anti skid material on your bumpers? It's on two different corners and they both appeared at the same time. Guess it's dealer time...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
COD_Flu said:
Any other COD MW3 or AEV rear bumper owners see this happen to the anti skid material on your bumpers? It's on two different corners and they both appeared at the same time. Guess it's dealer time...
Just get a roll of the stuff from lowes for a few dollars and save yourself the hours at the dealership.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If it were here, I would just call AEV before Iw ould deal with Chrysler's specifying dept. to find the serviceable part number.... if there is one.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
What? For the grip tape? LOL... you need to get a grip. Your dealer is just going to glue it back down, why don't you do the same?

·
Registered
823 Posts
What? For the grip tape? LOL... you need to get a grip. Your dealer is just going to glue it back down, why don't you do the same?
Haha, I see what you did there. Anyways, that little bit of tape can just be stuck back down with some glue, or just go to your local hardware store and get a new strip to replace it. As it was originally stated, wait until you meet your first rock or tree, then you'll have something to fret over :rofl: Good luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mines doing the same thing.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
The dealer will probably do more damage than good trying to fix it. At least you'll be careful replacing it youself.

·
Registered
372 Posts
In the end man, you paid a shit ton for that package, and I would make the dealer make it right. If the mess it up, make them replace the whole bumper under warranty.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah mine started doing it 2 weeks after I got it in one corner. not a big deal and will handle myself tired of dealing with dealer on little stuff like this. Took them forever to get me in to repair a leak from the hardtop.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ours is peeling too. So is the one in their showroom. Dealer will take care of it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts