Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
If i remember correctly, its pronounced "willis" not "willeez", so how do you pronounce it? :blackeye

·
Registered
4,102 Posts

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
If i remember correctly, its pronounced "willis" not "willeez", so how do you pronounce it? :blackeye
IIRC, the last time we had this debate, 50 years ago, the Willys people themselves pronounced it "Willies". To keep it G-rated, as in "I've got the willies".

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I have one of these......and I couldn't care less how its spelled or pronounced. Just sayin.......WTF cares. Life's too short to sweat the small stuff. :)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
It's a Wrangler JK. Nothing special about it except a sticker. So all you willy owners who think you have the holly grail of jeeps, get over your willy.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
John North Willys, last name pronounced Willis. But we all call it a Willy's! Funny, went to a dealer a while back , asked to see the 2016 "Willis's" that just came in, the poor soul had no idea what I was asking to see. My wife and I said to brush up on the Wranglers he was selling... Said I'd check with another place that really was into the vehicle I was interested in.

·
Registered
141 Posts
It's a Wrangler JK. Nothing special about it except a sticker. So all you willy owners who think you have the holly grail of jeeps, get over your willy.
Hey now...When it rains it's a wet Willys.
After it's paid for it'll be a Free Willys
When I get lost i'm headed Willy Nilly

1 - 20 of 31 Posts