Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
If i remember correctly, its pronounced "willis" not "willeez", so how do you pronounce it? :blackeye

·
Registered
4,110 Posts

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
If i remember correctly, its pronounced "willis" not "willeez", so how do you pronounce it? :blackeye
IIRC, the last time we had this debate, 50 years ago, the Willys people themselves pronounced it "Willies". To keep it G-rated, as in "I've got the willies".

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Administrator
2020 Jeep Gladiator
43,335 Posts
I don't know that we will ever get an agreement on how to pronounce it just like nobody can agree on the origin of the name "Jeep".

The annoying thing to me is when I see someone spell it "Willy's".

No, it's mine! :whacky:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I have one of these......and I couldn't care less how its spelled or pronounced. Just sayin.......WTF cares. Life's too short to sweat the small stuff. :)

·
Administrator
2020 Jeep Gladiator
43,335 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
John North Willys, last name pronounced Willis. But we all call it a Willy's! Funny, went to a dealer a while back , asked to see the 2016 "Willis's" that just came in, the poor soul had no idea what I was asking to see. My wife and I said to brush up on the Wranglers he was selling... Said I'd check with another place that really was into the vehicle I was interested in.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.