Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow Jeep Willys owners,

I recently ruined one of my soft top original windows and learned that, unless you go to a vinyl worker (like a boat shop) or can find something on ebay (no luck for me!) you are literally SOL. Here's the thread where some helpful wrangler owners chimed in.

And here's a quote from user KaiserJeep back in 2011:

Well, user Stubbs60 had an amazing idea: get all the Willy owners together so we can go, as a group, to Besttop and request they put the tops back in production for (at least) one last time. This way you can replace your top if you feel the need, or at the very least buy a spare and put it in storage for the inevitable day that a component fails.

I'm willing to do the leg work on this, but I will need real, hard commitments from people, or at the very least, interest. I put together a MailChimp campaign where you can sign up to support this effort. I anticipate the cost for a new top may be up to $800, but I'm sure the more we have the less it will be.

I know I'm new this forum, but my efforts are sincere and I promise not to do anything with your e-mails other than use them to further this effort. Also, if you have any ideas or suggestions I'm all ears.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
I do hope you get the support your are seeking, but most people would likely just replace the top with something aftermarket since Soft tops are a "wear item" and don't last more than 10 years.

My buddy has a '47 Willys and it would be nice if oem parts were still made. :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
I hear ya man..... I have an unlimited with the Khaki top.. love it.. but my top sh!t the bed.. I put a Trektop NX in Black on it for the summer... top is great color sucks.. the khaki is so different and it worked so well for the Jeep...

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Dude, don't let this ruin your year. Plenty of other options & cheaper.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I hear ya man..... I have an unlimited with the Khaki top.. love it.. but my top sh!t the bed.. I put a Trektop NX in Black on it for the summer... top is great color sucks.. the khaki is so different and it worked so well for the Jeep...
THIS! I baby my LJ top, but i know one day it'll be a black replacement. What is odd is I had a nice Khaki Diamond Bestop on my TJ, but you can't buy those anymore either. I think once the JK came out Bestop moved on. Still tons of Black tops in stock, but getting a custom color will be difficult.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I ended up selling my green top and bought a BesTop Sailcloth Replace-A-Top.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
X2

Mine broke and I got the best top nx, I would love to have a new green top but for 800 I can buy a used hard top and paint it od green

Oops! I think I meant 800 for 2. 800 for a soft top would be quite a bit. Obviously without the interest from multiple people I can't really get a price from Bestop but I imagine 400 or so would be the cost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts