Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I would very much like some feedback... I want to upgrade the pads and rotors on my 2012 JK and was curious what other members were running. I previously had a Jeep SRT8 and I ran cross-drilled and slotted rotors with Hawk ceramic pads in the front and Akebono pads in the back. There were always tons of threads on brakes/rotors on the SRT8 forums, but I haven't seen too much about them here.

I just upgraded my wheels and tires to 33x12.5x15. Goodyear DuraTracs and MB Razors (love them) so I was curious what brand pads and what size/brand rotors can I go upto and would work best with this set-up?

I see tons of listings for pad & rotor packages on eBay and was curious if anyone went that route? I'd rather buy the parts and do the job myself than have the dealer tell me I need new brakes and rotors and be forced to pay six or seven times the price.

I'd love to hear what pads and rotors you're running and where you got them, thanks!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I wonder if you wheel in mud if it would get stuck in the slots and drilled part of the rotors. If it does the mud will groove the rotors and grind down the pads. Whats your take on it?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I may be wrong in thinking but you might have problems fitting larger rotors and calipers inside a 15 inch rim. I may be wrong, so others please confirm or deny.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
You need to run 17" wheels for most upgrades but for 33" tires I think your good to go just upgrading pads for improved braking

sj

·
Registered
86 Posts
I wonder if you wheel in mud if it would get stuck in the slots and drilled part of the rotors. If it does the mud will groove the rotors and grind down the pads. Whats your take on it?
i dont know if this is true but from their ad:

"What about mud getting in the rotors?
No problem at all when running in mud or snow. Our rotors are designed to "self clean" meaning as you drive and rotate the rotor, the cooling fins are designed to sling debris out and away from the pad contact surface."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts