Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must say I am extremely disappointed in our fellow Jeep brothers. I drove almost 80 miles today to and from Atlantic City and not one, ONE, TJ or JK waived to me. I must have passed more than 2 dozen JK's, and over a dozen TJ's, completely unacceptable behavior! I was even next to another YJ at one point and didn't get anything, so I know it's not just me.

I don't know if they don't like us anymore or they don't care... maybe they just don't know about it.... But, I have an idea I'd like us all to implement. I wanna see some overkill waiving from now on. I'm talking hand out the window, violently flailing in the wind, face out that window if you can full smiles and all, pounding on the steering wheel, flashing your lights / high-beams / KC Aux lights, just get their attention, make sure they know what's up. Maybe if we over-due it, they'll put up their two fingers on top the steering wheel and wave back next time...

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Come to the south......we wave.
I get waved at in my work van almost more than the Jeep

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
the wave started dwindeling down with the more jeeps you see out there (more and more people call there jeep,s cars , trucks,etc).., ----it,s not , it,s a jeep...

back in the day when you would only see a jeep every now and then everyone was happy to wave,,,

sad is,nt it----i do wave at every jeep i see around our little town and have been for some time now and most are starting to get it and now some actually beat me to the wave---...
,,,, keep waving people,,,,

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yesterday driving down the road, with my brother in the Jeep, I waved at a JK. They didn't wave back. MY brother asked who it was, and I said "i dont know, but they were supposed to wave".. I thought maybe they didnt notice. Soon after, we passed another JK, same story.. Now my brother is laughing from the passenger seat.. At the next stop light we passed a YJ, guess what? They beat me to the wave..

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
did you wave to the idiot in clevelend(i think) that drove on the sidewalk around the schoolbus picking up handicaped children.... in her compus

i saw that on the news just a miute ago,,,---people like that are why the wave is dying----idiots..

·
Registered
374 Posts
My wife & I love this waving stuff, it seems for us, if its an older or has big tires we get beat to the wave.The newer jeeps look at us like what do you want, no wave. We will keep waving.!!!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
thats true ....,,,,im afraid alot of people are buying jeeps because it seems to be a fad..like the truck thing,in the years past people bought pickups to work, now they buy them to grocery shop,few are ever used for there intended purpose---work

·
Registered
189 Posts
I must say here in Clearwater nearly all jeeps wave, even Cherokees! I even get waves from trucks and city busses, (guessing they have jeeps too!)
But I think I know what the problem is. It's the passing on of knowledge to the new drivers. You sell your jeep bit don't give them the heads up, but a jeep at the dealer, no heads up. And I am sure grandma Betty doesn't have a clue.
So I am TOTALLY with Defcon 1, lets wake them up and they will catch on!

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
:wavey:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hoagie. said:
Ac expressway isn't a prime waving spot haha I always will wave I have a yj and tj I'm with you bud
I took Rt322 the way there so it was mostly cruising like 55mph, lights every couple miles, in town driving, traffic and all. They were stopped across the light most of the time and looked at me like I was crazy for waving hi lol. I guess everyone is still cranky from the hurricane.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I wave most of the time. Sometimes in just zoning and don't even see the other jeep. I drive a jku and a YJ and I rarely get waves in the jku, but get waves most of the time in the YJ.

·
Registered
370 Posts
South FLA Broward/Dade counties are the WORST!!! I have ever seen. I have yet to get a Wave from any jeeps down here. Plus drivers here suck just as much. Wish you all could see witness this down here. on the TJ forum I did a write up of great waving cities when I was traveling across the country in my TJ. two routes from CA to the east coast

·
Registered
259 Posts
Waving to the commuters in mostly newer wrangler around Chicago is typically a futile effort. Every time I head out to the suburbs (the more north or west of Chicago) the more waves I receive back and it is a refreshing thing. I get frustrated when I wave at mostly JK's around here but few of them understand it. I do like the JK's, but they tend to be in the hands of basic commuters. Need to wait a few more years until more get in the hands of the true Jeep fans.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm waving from Arkansas. Lol mostly for help getting them home.

Most everybody here in Jeeps wave but I agree some of the newer model owners need to covert to hummers.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts