Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 15' jku hard top only. Found a steal of a deal on a new unused factory soft top from a guy that had a 14' rubicon with dual tops and never even unwrapped the soft top. Problem is he didn't have the bracket that bolts to the sport bar by the seatbelt. I found some regular brackets at a little u pull it place on the cheap and bought them. Figured why not. My question is does anybody know if I can remove the bracket that is currently on the top and use the other one? I'm going to post pics of both brackets but they will be upside down I'm sure. I know I can get the right brackets from dealer but it will take atleast 4 days according to the 2 dealers in my area. Really don't want to wait that long. So here are the pics. First one is the correct bracket that I need and second is the ones I got at the pull a part.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
The top bracket attaches to the roll bar for a 13-16 top. You still need the bracket that attaches to the top which then bolts to this bracket.

The bottom bracket is for a 07-12 top and won't work on a 13-16 top.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The top bracket attaches to the roll bar for a 13-16 top. You still need the bracket that attaches to the top which then bolts to this bracket.

The bottom bracket is for a 07-12 top and won't work on a 13-16 top.
Crap kinda what I figured!! Thanks I took for granted that like so much other stuff maybe it had not changed and would work.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just went through the the same ordeal. The brackets changed in 13 I have a 14 and I bought a 12 top lol

Yep kinda sucks but it'll be worth it in the end. After the deal I got I can wait a few more days. Just was hoping I could get it out on while I already had the top off before the forecasted rain set in tomorrow sometime. With any luck I'll be able to get dealer to overnight ship them or something so I can atleast have them by the weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts