Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, going though a rebuild, opened up my new cam last night and its slightly different than my original. All of the lobes are in the same spot and have the same shape. However, each lobe appears to be 3/16th of an inch more narrow and the new cam has a lobe for a mechanical fuel pump, which I don't have.... Is there a reason the lobes are more narrow or an issue using it?

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
What Cam did you buy, it sounds like a very short duration cam for some thing like a 232 or 258. I think the lobe for the fuel pump shouldn't hurt any thing

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its an enginetech es809. The lift and duration all appear to be the same (havent measured) its just the lobes from are not as wide. I'll post a pic in abt an hr

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
You probably want to double check with your supplier, but it sounds fine. The fuel pump lobe won't bother anything. The lifter contact area is what's critical, you don't want the lifter riding on the edge of the lobe, should be near center.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
rebelBullDawg325 said:
Thats exactly what I'm worried abt is the lifter on the edge of the lobe
Make sure they gave you the right part #
Compare your cam with a different parts dept or go to the dealer and check.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
sorry when you said lobe being narrower I thought you meant the duration, not the real with, WOW!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
From the looks of the picture, the lobes on the new one would not be centered on the lifter..I would send it back..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts