Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading to Moab with my Fifth wheel this coming Thursday night, the 20th.
Can anyone recommend a area for camping?
Last time I did Moab we stayed at the La Quinta.
Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
868 Posts
I'm heading to Moab with my Fifth wheel this coming Thursday night, the 20th.
Can anyone recommend a area for camping?
Last time I did Moab we stayed at the La Quinta.
Thanks
Dan
Moab is a pretty popular little town. Lots of attraction there for many adventurous folks, including jeepers, bicyclists, hikers, sightseers, and just plain folk on vacation and traveling. What this all means is, the available camp sites/campgrounds get full up quite often. We've stayed for years at Slickrock campground for quite a few years but, lately it has gone down hill and the owners just didn't give a rats a$$.

The one next to it, The Portal, is considerably better in many facets but, because of that, it's booked most of the time it's open. Canyon Lands is dead in the center of town and, the last time I was there, it's a tough little place to manuver around in there. Don't know about it's booking.

We just stayed in Moab about a few weeks ago. We stayed at the OK RV park, just south of town by about a mile or two. It's right behind the Arena. Nice, fairly clean place. Fair rates and, quiet...we like that alot. There are more, Spanish Flats, KOA to name a couple. Both of those are clean and nice. Don't know about booking. Good luck, the Easter Jeep Safari is over so, SOME of the crowds are dieing down. But, there's always something going on in Moab.
Scott

·
Registered
133 Posts
We stayed at the KOA a few weeks ago and it was nice. Really friendly people

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,507 Posts
At EJS last week I had a condo, but passed several camp grounds. There are a few in the "downtown" part of Moab itself, just on the right as you cross the Colorado River coming into town. There are also a few prior to this. All of them looked nice from what I saw, but I have not personally camped there.

Moab Campgrounds

-Rick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts