Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help...transmission is a mess...want to make sure i haven't messed up warranty with 35'' tires and 20"rims????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is your transmission doing?
jeep has tried to fix 4 times...sometimes can't get into reverse...now goes into reverse but feels like emergency brake is on..big clunk when starting from stop..when accelerating sometime slips...jeep is saying the tires may be responsible and not their problem...but keeps on happening even just days after they 'fix'...

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Well, it's 20-30 lbs more weight per tire, so it can't be great for it...especially over time.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I would fight them on that...Jeeps are marketed as offroad vehicles and modding them comes with the territory...secondly I am sure you can find hundreds if not thousands of ppl with 35's...including myself who have no transmission issues.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
We need a lot more info than this to help. 35s won't wreak your transmission, it sounds much more likely there is a problem else where in there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have 37's... granted i regeared.... but now issues for almost 50k... :::knock on wood:::

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Throw the stock wheels on when you get it serviced =)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Throw the stock wheels on when you get it serviced =)
Thats why i cursed the day i sold my steelies! definitely worth it! especially if you have made friends with the dealership!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
and they have tried to fix it 4 times and within days it messes up again so hard to imagine it the 35's...will be speaking to their tech person monday..thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Uh oh. I've heard of this exact thing before...

Do have a teenager in the house?

Did you leave town right before the tansmission went kaput?

Was there a spare Jeep key hidden in the house when you left town?

Did the jeep have a faint burnt tire smell poorly disguised in fabreeze when you got back?

If you answerd yes to any of these questions I know what exactly happened to your JK.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Has anyone been doing burnouts in your jk? :rofl: I remember that thread. :nonono:

·
Registered
8,554 Posts

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
oh dear sweet baby Jesus. SERIOUSLY?!?!?!? You owe me a new keyboard for the coke that was just spewed all over my desktop. :rofl:
Sure thing . . . just grab a number down at the complaint department . . . :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts