Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Strange thing, Monday morning woke up to a dead battery, since I was trying to go to work, I got jumped and when to mu local Sears for a Diehard battery. No time to find an Optima or something else. Its a nice big powerful Diehard and always had lick. Usually get 3 yrs plus in the SFLA heat co aired to 1.5-2.5 with other stock batteries.

Well, since the battery change, MPG is up from 12.1 to 16.9 MPG. Is that possible? Same driving conditions, etc.

·
Premium Member
6,897 Posts
Perhaps unplugging the battery and resetting the computer did something when the system relearned your driving habits.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Actual or displayed ? Before I had injectors replaced on my 2500 Cummins, the display would be 20. After the injectors 17, but the actual mileage never changed, same 19 average.

I can't believe a low battery would impact mileage, unless maybe the AC was causing more drag - but I think RoadiJeff may be correct if it is actual.

·
Registered
569 Posts
There's a regulator that gives the PCM what it needs in terms of voltage and current. As long as the battery is working, you won't see a change. (sure - rebooting the system might restore normal programming)

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its via the computer. Will see actual on next fill-up. But the computer has always been with .2-.8 with actual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts