Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Can a stock ANYTHING do that?

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Are you talking about the one going up the hill or the one sitting still closest to the camera? The former it won't do, the latter it will do with ease.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
This reminds me of all of those warranty complainer threads . . .

The ones where some guy makes an account just to vent that he took his brand new jeep for a "little" offroading, did untold thousands of dollars worth of damage by launching it full speed into and through goodness knows what obstacles, and is now furious the dealer has denied warranty coverage.

"I thought it was trail rated!" "My Pathfinder could have easily gone through that swamp, over those boulders, down that cliff, blah blah." "My Landrover would have been covered under warranty!!" "I'll never buy a jeep again!!!!" Etc.

:rofl:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This reminds me of all of those warranty complainer threads . . .

The ones where some guy makes an account just to vent that he took his brand new jeep for a "little" offroading, did untold thousands of dollars worth of damage by launching it full speed into and through goodness knows what obstacles, and is now furious the dealer has denied warranty coverage.

"I thought it was trail rated!" "My Pathfinder could have easily gone through that swamp, over those boulders, down that cliff, blah blah." "My Landrover would have been covered under warranty!!" "I'll never buy a jeep again!!!!" Etc.

:rofl:

Yep, I am new here and to jeeps, but have read stuff like that here and other places. I obviously was joking, in fact I don't think I would even stand as close to the edge and the oncoming jeep as those guys in the picture are.

I have noticed its hard to show how extreme some stuff is in a picture vs in real life, so you can assume thats pretty much going to quadruple in extreme level when you hit the bottom in one of those vehicles... it is cool though.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Yep, I am new here and to jeeps, but have read stuff like that here and other places. I obviously was joking, in fact I don't think I would even stand as close to the edge and the oncoming jeep as those guys in the picture are.

I have noticed its hard to show how extreme some stuff is in a picture vs in real life, so you can assume thats pretty much going to quadruple in extreme level when you hit the bottom in one of those vehicles... it is cool though.
I wasn't suggesting that you were one of those "warranty complainer" knuckleheads, I was just saying the image and the joke of the thread reminded me of those threads. If you stick around you'll see some new ones here, and it'll give you an opporunity to link to this thread. It cracked me up. :rofl:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Is it just me or does the farside of the photo appear to have a straight vertical climb on it?
Just judging by the loose dirt on top and below, it looks like the lighter stuff is just a wall.

·
Registered
899 Posts
That looks like fun. Did I see an Isuzu and a Bronco II out there? Wow.

It still blows my mind how many Suzuki Samarais I have seen at off roading events. I always thought they were junk until I have seen modded ones doing well in mud.

I would like to see how far a stock Wrangler can get on a trail like this with an experienced driver.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Jeeperz Creeperz said:

It still blows my mind how many Suzuki Samarais I have seen at off roading events. I always thought they were junk until I have seen modded ones doing well in mud.

I would like to see how far a stock Wrangler can get on a trail like this with an experienced driver.
I've owned a BII (my first vehicle) and FSB. Loved them.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts

X2 on the Zuki-- I watched one that was on full lockers or spools?? IDK.
and was fuel injected that was completely on his side-- he got a little miffed when someone offered to help-- he played around and finally got the thing upright all on his own and under his own power!! I have no idea what condition his engine bearings and such were in when he got done; but he sure had fun!!

·
Registered
860 Posts
I used to take a hill like that on my dirt bike...to the amazement of my friends. They wouldn't even attempt it. I would pop off the top and hang for a second before the rear wheel came down on the top lip...until one day I popped out of second gear and back into neutral...near the top.

Suffice to say, the trip down sucked.

·
Registered
860 Posts

I had one for 8 years...and it was a mountain goat. It weighed nothing...and would go anywhere. I beat the hell out of that thing and it just kept going.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts