Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some longer screws for Mirror brackets. The screws that came with are 5/16 but they don't look like they match stock pattern... Don't want to cross thread / strip the female side (A-Pillar).

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
seems like most are metric on these things. M8 perhaps.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seems like most are metric on these things. M8 perhaps.
Thanks for replying. I thought the same thing. I think my issue is I tried to match on the bolt that came with the mirror kit with threaded out as 5/16. I tried threading into M8x1.0 and M8x1.25 and neither threaded. Guess in need to use the stock bold to figure out what I have and go from there - thinking you're right though. Just need to figure if it's 1.0 or 1.25... Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I think 1.25 but again not 100% sure just 90% sure.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I can't remember the pitch, but I know for a fact if you go to home depot (lowes does not carry them) they have a variety of M8 black oxide grade 12.9 bolts that fit. I had a tough time finding a bolt that would work - home depot was the only place I found locally. I have used them on the a pillars to bolt up a hi lift jack to my sliders, and on the back hinges to bolt up a jerry can.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think 1.25 but again not 100% sure just 90% sure.
Lesson learned - don't base size on aftermarket supplied parts. They sent 5/16, it's actually M8x1.25...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts