Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i think i have the weirdest jeep problems cuz no one seems to be able to help me hahaha
any way this is the new one i have a soft top that fits the half doors with the half squared windows but i have the rounded full doors
so there is a gap between the door and the soft top any one know what can be put there. i called scottys jeeps and they said that they dont make soft tops for the 92 wrangler that fit a full door. the only one that would fit a full door is a 97 and up but the guy said that wont fit my jeep. is there any way to make a 97 top fit my 92 wrangler??? or anything i can do to fill in the gap??
the only other thing i can think woul be to buy a hard top :(

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
I know that they do because BestTop makes them... but on a TJ you need these big plastic surrounds to let the soft top attach to them.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my jeep is a yj?
who can i call or talk to because its going to start raining here soon and i need to make is so my seats dont get wet and it doesn't look good like this
a number or a link to a web page would be great i have been looking into this and cant seem to find a solution

·
Really?
6,455 Posts
Looks like you'll have to buy a top. My 87 has a BestTop on it that would work with hard doors or half doors...

You'd probably have to buy the front part of the top hardware Also. if not you wont have the bar to wrap the top around behind the door.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like you'll have to buy a top. My 87 has a BestTop on it that would work with hard doors or half doors...

You'd probably have to buy the front part of the top hardware Also. if not you wont have the bar to wrap the top around behind the door.

where did you get that top from???
and how much does it run

·
Registered
386 Posts
you can buy it from numerous places. Quadratec, 4wd.com, etc. Just google Besttops.

·
Administrator
12,548 Posts
x4502 bestop is great.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Might be cheaper to buy new soft doors to fit the top you already have, if they make them..?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont want the half doors
is there any where in cali that has used jeep stuff i would buy a used top or trade my top that i have for a used one but right now im screwed

·
Registered
781 Posts
ebay try ebay

·
Registered
600 Posts
car-parts.com w/ your zip code. and I'll write back in a little while, i got all the chysler jeep soft top/ bow assembly order numbers that itemize each individual part. you will need upper door bow assembly- door assembly support- bow assembly plate (behind the winshield frame and in between roll cage) and the nessasary pop rivits that you will have to drill/ modify your existing center top bow. then you will have to get a new top because your top does not have the "wrap" style door wells w/ a snap button. and your side curtain does not wrap the side door area and velcro on the inside. your lookin at 600 for the top and about 70- 100 bucks for the above hardware needed. or order a complete matching bow assembly for the top but your looking at about 400-500 for the bow assembly as well.

·
Registered
368 Posts
like everybody else said, i think your only choice then is the bestop supertop. i just bought one and love it. it beats drving in the rain with no top.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
do they make a besttop super top for my year because the guy at the jeep place said no but then ccain has one and his jeep is older than mine

·
That WF guy.
21,557 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well im guessing he is a tard then
but yea ok thanks for everything

does anyone have any pics of a white jeep with different color tops dont really want black anymore fades too fast so ideas?? gray maybe

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
with the super top can i use my existing hardware???

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok forsure thanks man i think ill go with the grey with tinted windows

1 - 20 of 23 Posts