Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I bought a 93 yj that has front end damage from a hit. It has a broken leaf spring. I did not realize it has a small lift on it and I put stock springs on it. I only one front leaf broke but I pulled both fronts off. Can anyone id the spring brand or size of the lift? I’m trying to get the correct size replacements. Photo is compared to the stock spring.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
100,523 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

·
Super Moderator
12,673 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Dball12345,

The one spring appears to have what's called a military wrap on the shackle end. Without more info, it's difficult to say.
Is there a number anywhere painted on the top any of the springs (maybe in yellow paint)?

If you don't get any help here, you might take the spring to a spring shop and have them replace the one broken leaf.
If possible, try contacting the Previous Owner. His or her name should be on the title.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response. There is nothing printed on the springs.

I should rephrase my post. I don’t need an exactl replacement if it can’t be identified. However if someone knows what size lift this looks like I’ll just buy a set at that height. I’m debating between 1.5 and 2.5.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Just get a set of RE, BDS, or OME 2.5" springs...

2.5" is perfect for 31's and those brands will give you the best ride and performance...

·
Registered
945 Posts
Like Gottagofast said.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts