Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to be driving around for work next few days, and was wondering if my soft top can withstand the forceful winds of Sandy. Or will i be riding around topless?..lol!

·
Registered
427 Posts
No problems. Just dont park under anything that can fall on your Jeep.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If it can handle going 80 on the higway, it can handle going 80 in your driveway. I would recommend parking the jeep so it's facing the wind though. A side gust that fast might bend your hardware.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
It can handle 80 on the highway but, if the wind is already doing 80 the other way, that's 160. :D

My softtop warning stickers reads,
'Not intended as protection in a rollover
nor as protection in a hurricane
nor as protection from knife wielding zombies'

·
Registered
427 Posts
Had mine up to 90 and she could've kept going. I wussed out before the Jeep did lol. The wonderful advantages of stock size tires haha.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sitting still, yes - highway, no. If I do a sustained 70+ on the highway one of the windows usually comes out of the channel. This is with the top adjusted to the highest settings. I've only had the top for 3 months, kind of makes me mad.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've done a couple trips back and forth to the folks bout 200 miles one way. Cruise at about 80, I've got the bestop supertop. Performs great no problems. But it gets loud as all heck after 65mph. I suggest a good pair of headphones too

·
Registered
343 Posts
Its only an issue for me with the windows up. Looks like I'll be calling Bestop...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts