Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just was given a 730N RER to my 2014 JKU? I have a 130S head unit and was wanting to add this. I have been told that it works on a slow bus system and I can not add it. It came out of a 2010 Grand Cherokee. So can I put it in and use it or do I need to try and sell it? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
446 Posts
I just was given a 730N RER to my 2014 JKU? I have a 130S head unit and was wanting to add this. I have been told that it works on a slow bus system and I can not add it. It came out of a 2010 Grand Cherokee. So can I put it in and use it or do I need to try and sell it? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated
If it's a slow bus system it will not work.

I just installed a 730N RER from a 2010 JKU into my 2013 JK. I had the 130S radio with steering wheel controls and unconnect so I had to order the unconnect jumper. I don't have the jumper yet so the unconnect doesn't work but it should when I install the jumper. I'm also planning on installing a backup camera.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it's a slow bus system it will not work.

I just installed a 730N RER from a 2010 JKU into my 2013 JK. I had the 130S radio with steering wheel controls and unconnect so I had to order the unconnect jumper. I don't have the jumper yet so the unconnect doesn't work but it should when I install the jumper. I'm also planning on installing a backup camera.
I can I tell if it is slow bus or fast bus?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I can I tell if it is slow bus or fast bus?
Honestly I don't know. I guess you could look up the model number and do a search. Not sure if you could plug it in and try to boot it up without doing any damage. There's a lot of threads on these radios so I'm sure you can find an answer from someone on the forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 Rubicon. 730n stereo stooped working and need to get another one. Hoe do i know if it has a slow or fast BUS??

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I have a 2014 Rubicon. 730n stereo stooped working and need to get another one. Hoe do i know if it has a slow or fast BUS??
Also replacing it with aftermarket will be better sounding and possibly cheaper. My 730N died and I replaced it with a Pioneer AVH2700. They are around $200 and the can bus adapters are about $50.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts