Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Newbie to Jeeps...first one! 2015 Altitude.

I swapped out the stock speakers for the Kicker replacements...all 8. Sounds better but needs an amp and a sub.

I have the kicker sub and want to install in the storage tub. i would like to connect the line level inputs to the speaker wires coming into the roll bar.

Can this be done?

Is this the proper way to install?

Which colors am I looking for?

I would then run power to the battery on drivers side of the jeep.

Also, would the small alpine amp be a good choice to drive the replacement speakers? I have the 420HU

thx!

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Is the sub already mounted in a box?
Subs perform best for boxes of matched sizes.

Is the single coil or dual coil?
What are the ohms of the coil(s)?
Is the Amp capable of mono operations?
speaker ohms are matched the amps

What is the RMS ratings of the sub & amp?
Peak power ratings is garbage.

Previous post for colors
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/rear-speaker-wires-location-513961.html

I love Alpine!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi All,

Newbie to Jeeps...first one! 2015 Altitude.

I swapped out the stock speakers for the Kicker replacements...all 8. Sounds better but needs an amp and a sub.

I have the kicker sub and want to install in the storage tub. i would like to connect the line level inputs to the speaker wires coming into the roll bar.

Can this be done?

Is this the proper way to install?

Which colors am I looking for?

I would then run power to the battery on drivers side of the jeep.

Also, would the small alpine amp be a good choice to drive the replacement speakers? I have the 420HU

thx!
Yes! Heres what we did.
the Kicker Hideaway fits perfect upside down in the rear storage area. You can access the power for it if you have a 2015-2016 Wrangler in the rear right access panel. Check out this video it might help with power wiring. (https://youtu.be/dIMeZKtRm5M) As for the audio wires a little more tricky but here is what I did. When you open that panel their are two connectors. one with power and one for audio wires. If you got the wrangler with out premium audio then these wires will be dead. I traced these wires all the way up to the passenger kick panel and they dead end into a connector and go no where. What I did was scotch locked all the wires from the roll bar into these wires matching pairs of course. This allowed me to have the audio now in the back as well with out having to run a new set of audio wires. At that point I tapped in to the connector at the rear and ran them to my amp/sub. Hope this helps. I dont have video on this yet but we plan on doing this to the 2016 Black bear soon so ill work on that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts